Do you often skip breakfast because you’re running late for work? Or do you simply avoid making breakfast because you think it’s time-consuming? Don’t worry, we’re all guilty of doing that, especially since we all live in a fast-paced environment, and often forget to take care of our bodies and properly nourish them.
A clean eating breakfast is very essential because it provides us with the energy and nutrients required to start the day. It can also help us prevent binge eating throughout the day.
So, great news! We’ve put together a list of delicious and easy-to-make clean breakfast ideas you will love. Share these recipes with your friends and family, and avoid skipping the most important meal of your day!
Clean Eating Breakfast Ideas
1. Salmon Avocado Toast
Healthy fats such as Omega-3 Fatty Acids are nutrients you can get from food or supplements that can help you lower your triglycerides levels and maintain a healthy body. One incredible example of a breakfast rich in healthy fats is the salmon avocado toast.
– 1 slice of any bread you like (maybe toast or a whole wheat bagel)
– 2 to 3 pieces of thinly sliced smoked salmon
– 1 small avocado
– ½ a medium lemon
– 1 small red onion
– 1 tablespoon of goat cheese
– 1 small tomato
– A pinch of ground black pepper
– Spread the goat cheese over the slice of bread you chose.
– Cover the entire surface with the pitted and peeled avocado, then add your slices of onion and tomato.
– Top with the smoked salmon, add your freshly squeezed lemon and finally sprinkle some ground black pepper. Enjoy!
2. The Magical Breakfast Bowl
Do you want to start your day with a satisfying and nutritious high-fiber meal? This oatmeal bowl will be your forever breakfast of choice. You’ll want to share it with your kids or friends because they will love it!
– ½ cup of rolled oats
– 1 cup of milk of your choice
– 1 small banana, mashed
– 3 to 4 walnuts
– A pinch of ground cinnamon
– Bring together the oats with milk, cinnamon, and mashed banana into a small saucepan, then turn heat to medium.
– Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low. Keep on stirring for around 5 minutes.
– When the oats reach the consistency you desire, turn off the heat.
– Transfer the mix to a bowl, then garnish with walnuts.
PS: In addition for chocolate lovers, you can add a pinch of chocolate chips for a crunchier and yummier taste!
3. Green Smoothie
Are you a fan of fresh and colorful smoothies? Do you need a quick, healthy breakfast option because you’re always on the go? If so, check our easy-to-make green smoothie so you can have a refreshing drink during these hot summer days!
– ½ cup of milk
– ½ cup of greek yogurt (best if it’s plain because you will get the sugary taste from the fruits available in your mix)
– ¾ cup of spinach
– 1 small banana peeled
– 1 small green apple cored, peeled, and chopped
– 2 strawberries
– ½ cup of ice
– Bring together the milk, greek yogurt, spinach, banana, green apple, strawberries, and ice into a blender.
– Blend ingredients together until they get a smooth texture with no chunks.
– Grab your drink and indulge so you can have a fresh start to your day!
Start your day right with the smell of coffee and delicious pancakes because something about the combination of smells is so delightful! In the following recipe, we will help you prepare healthy pancakes that you can enjoy with your family and friends. If you would prefer to skip the milk in the pancakes, check out this recipe!
– 2 eggs
– 1 egg white
– 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
– ½ cup of milk
– 1 small banana
– 1 cup of rolled oats
– 3 teaspoons of baking powder
– A pinch of vanilla
– Fruit slices such as banana, strawberry, or any you prefer
– Peanut butter spreading
– Maple syrup or honey
– Berries of your choice
– Any kind of nuts
– Chocolate chips or dark chocolate spreading
– Blend all the above ingredients together until you get an even texture.
– Heat skillet over medium heat. When warmed, choose to spray a bit of oil or put some butter in the skillet in order to prevent sticky pancakes.
– Start with pouring batter into the skillet until you reach a preferable pancake size.
– Cook each side of the pancake for around 3 minutes or until fully cooked from the inside and outside.
– Choose your favorite toppings and enjoy!
5. Banana Toast
We dedicate this one-minute recipe to all the banana lovers reading our article. Bananas are rich in a variety of vitamins and minerals that can help you maintain your overall health. By adding cinnamon to your meal, you will help your body fight diseases and infections. In addition, peanut butter is also an excellent addition because of its protein and healthy fat content. So, why not?
– 1 small banana, sliced
– 1 tablespoon of peanut butter (choose a 100% natural peanut butter)
– 1 crunchy toast
– A pinch of cinnamon
– Spread the peanut butter over the toast.
– Cover the surface with sliced bananas.
– Last, add a pinch of cinnamon and enjoy!
6. Egg Toast
Eggs are one of the most nutritious foods that you can have because they are filling and can help you reduce your extra caloric intake. You can cook eggs in many ways, but here is one of the easiest egg recipes.
– 1 egg, boiled
– 1 whole grain toast
– 1 teaspoon of olive oil
– A pinch of salt
– A pinch of white pepper
On the side:
– A bunch of cherry tomatoes
– 2 to 3 cornichon pickles
– Place the egg in a coffee pot, then cover with 1 inch of cold water.
– Bring to a boil, then cover the pot, and turn the heat off.
– Let the egg cook for around 10 minutes.
– When done, slice the egg and cover the toast with the egg slices.
– Spray your toast with a teaspoon of olive oil.
– Put your pinch of salt and white pepper.
– Place your toast on a plate with a side of cherry tomatoes and cornichon pickles.
7. Fruit Salad
What’s better than a colorful and refreshing fruit salad during these hot summer days? If you stick to the required amounts, fruits are very beneficial to your body because they can provide you with loads of vitamins, minerals, and some good energy to help you start your day.
Regarding the ingredients, you can use any kind of fruit you like or any fruit available in your fridge. Here’s an example because we all need a good fruit salad recipe!
– 1 small apple
– 1 small banana
– 4 strawberries
– 1 small orange
– 1 small kiwi
– 3 tablespoons of orange juice
– For the best presentation, try to cut all your fruits so that they are relatively similar in size.
– Put your fruit all together in a bowl, then add the 3 tablespoons of orange juice.
– Substitute the apple and banana with other kinds of fruits if you don’t plan on eating right away to avoid browning.
To Sum Up
We hope you enjoyed our healthy and clean eating breakfast ideas. These recipes will help you nourish your body while providing you with some good energy in the morning. Try them at home while maintaining a healthy diet throughout your day. Stay healthy and enjoy! Looking for more recipes? Check out our article on easy breakfast recipes!