The best healthy cooking is a low-calorie meal, for those with a tight schedule and moms who are health conscious is not necessarily complicated or time-consuming. But finding the perfect recipe that doesn’t require an online meal planner and having it on hand so you won’t forget to cook it can be challenging. Luckily, this article has some low-calorie meal preparation ideas that moms love! When you’re juggling multiple jobs and kids, these recipes will save plenty of time while still providing the nutrients your family needs.
What are Your Low-Calorie Meal Preparation Ideas?
Busy moms need to include nutritional foods in their daily diet, but it can be hard to pack them all in a small amount of time.
- One idea that works sometimes is to cook muffins or cookies ahead of time and put them in individual lunch bags. This way, you’ll be able to feed your kids exactly what they need while still being able to get other things done all at once.
- Another great idea is to switch out your breakfast meals towards lunch. This is a good thing because your family won’t be eating the same foods repeatedly, plus it’s easier for moms to prepare in the morning.
- Lunch is also a good choice because it’s typically easier to make sandwiches than dinners. If you’ve got a bunch of leftover ingredients from dinner the night before, you can mix them in a new way and slap them on bread or in a wrap.
While recipes with easy-to-prepare ingredients are great, they’re not always the best. One crucial thing is to drink lots of liquids. Your body can lose up to 2% of the water every day through physical activity and normal body functions. So, you should make sure you’re getting enough fluids! It’s never a good idea to lose fluid, mainly when you’re operating on a low-calorie diet.
What are some options for making low-calorie meals?
One great way to save calories without sacrificing taste is by using reduced-fat cheeses in your recipes. Go for it whenever you can use 1/4 less fat cheese because it will still taste like the other less-fat cheeses in the recipe. Examples of great recipes that use reduced-fat cheeses include:
- Tossing together a light alfredo sauce with mushrooms and chicken is a delicious way to make a low-calorie meal. You can use reduced- or fat-free chicken broth to keep the calories down. You can also mix your vegetable purees to give it a tasty twist. The best part is that there are tons of healthy ingredients like broccoli, cauliflower, and celery in there! This recipe gives you all the flavors of an ordinary egg salad without all the oily calories that come with most of them.
- By mixing Greek yogurt into mayonnaise, you get a filling meal that gives you protein and some healthy fats. Adding some dill, mustard, and lemon juice also gives it a nice flavor boost, making it even more enjoyable to eat.
- A simple breakfast of sweet potatoes and eggs is an easy meal to make healthy and delicious. By adding bacon and tomatoes, you get a complete protein source from the eggs and extra vitamins from the veggies. Bake the sweet potatoes in your regular oven before you start cooking everything else, so it can save you a lot of precious time! Forget about using recipes for casseroles that take hours to prepare when you can use these instead. These dishes will take only 30 minutes or less to prepare when you’re in a rush. They’re also low in calories and have many delicious ingredients, and even though they’re easy to make, they taste as if you made them all day. You can use this egg omelet recipe as breakfast by folding in some spinach, tomatoes, and ground turkey. Get creative by using other vegetables or even other flavors of eggs that you may not usually find! If you’re starving, add cheese as well to get more fat into the meal. Blessings to all your families! This is a great idea for adults or kids!
- A great tip is to freeze up foods in season or use frozen fruits or veggies. Freezing these ingredients is a great way to use them later when they may be less fresh and therefore harder to cook with. Also, if you want some variety, later on, make sure to label the bag with the name of the dish you can make with it. This way, you won’t have to open five different packages before you find the one you’re looking for.
If you’re interested in finding other low-calorie meal preparation ideas that are quick and easy to make, try doing a quick search online. Make sure you research the recipes to ensure they’re suitable for your family.
Tips on Low-Calorie Meal Prep and Recipes Ideas
Meal prepping is a great way to regularly get healthy food in your body. It helps you save time on food prep by doing it all at once, perfect for busy college students or working professionals. Simply follow these steps to make sure that you have flavorful, healthy foods ready to go whenever you need them:
- Cook large amounts of your favorite meats and veggies. Put the veggies in separate containers to be used separately from the meats.
- Mix up sauces that can be used with meats and veggies. You can make a variety of sauces with different flavors and spice levels. Put them in small bags for convenience.
- Put the meat and veggies in separate containers. Store them in the fridge until you’re ready to use them. Then heat it with the sauce for a quick and easy lunch or dinner!- If you’re using a microwave, put single servings of your sauces in plastic bags. Put a small amount of the meat, veggies, or rice into another bag.
This article is full of fantastic food prep ideas that you should use often. It is straightforward to follow the steps to meal prepping because all you need to do is gather the necessary ingredients and follow the steps.
The tips above are not only enough for you to be able to meal prep easily but also for those who want to learn more about low-calorie cooking. You may have heard of some of these types of recipes before and maybe even created a couple of them without knowing about them, but now you’re educated on what they are. And although it is a little paradoxical, low-calorie, healthy fast food options do exist.