Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you buy an item through one of those affiliate links, Successible Life may get a small commission at no extra cost to you. This helps keep the blog running so we can continue to provide you with the best content.
Oh sweet child, 2020 has been the longest year that most of us have experienced. This year has been filled with something out of a dystopian sci-fi thriller, but the reward is making it to New Year’s Eve. Now assuming you’ve taken all the proper precautions and feel epic enough to have a little exclusive New Year’s Eve shenanigan, let us help you craft the most majestic New Year’s Eve drinks!
We can feel the hesitation; maybe you’re thinking this will cost the arm and leg of Gatsby. However, we can assure you: these tasty New Years Eve drinks can be inexpensive. Often times the presentation is just as mindfully delectable as the actual taste.
New Years Eve Drinks Menu
Oh, darlings, this crafty cocktail is sure to spice up your festivities and your tastebuds. Here’s what you need:
- Dark Rum
- Cranberry Juice
- Ginger Ale or Sprite
This is a drink you want to keep chilled, including the rum, before serving. A little pro tip if you’re short on time is to keep ice in the glass and then dump it out when you’re ready to pour the final drink.
This particular drink has such a gorgeous dark purple hue to it that it simply looks whimsically haunting for any New Year’s Eve party.
This drink takes on a classic drink and gives it a makeover perfect for your upscale cocktail situation. Grab the following ingredients:
- Premade Sangria Bottle
- 250ml peach schnapps
- 4 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 2 sliced limes and 2 sliced oranges
- 500ml soda water
- Ice, to serve
This is another one best served chilled, and the best part is you can make this big batch and place it in the fridge before the party starts. Personally, I believe when you start mixing sangria with other things, you should make it the day before. Why, you ask? You want all the flavors of the juice and sangria to mix together.
Pro tip: Do not add any fruit to this drink and then leave it over night. Eventually, the fruit loses the aesthetic appeal and then the drink just tastes funky – and not the good kind of funky. In addition, if you decide to leave glassware out, ring the rims with sugar to have the lovely winter aesthetic, which will add some more sweetness to this peachy keen drink.
What is a New Years Eve drinks menu without champagne! Champagne is such a great drink to have because it truly enhances so many juices and other things that are warm and positively lovely. Honestly, 2020 needs some sparkles, so why not confetti? Let’s grab these ingredients:
- 1/3 c. assorted Pop Rocks
- 6 oz. vanilla vodka
- 1 bottle Champagne (or Prosecco)
- 1 (20 oz.) bottle Sprite
- Vanilla frosting container
- Place all pop rocks on a small shallow plate and mix together with a fork.
- Wet the rim with vanilla frosting, but be mindful to use a nice thin and even coat. Then dip in pop rocks.
- Repeat until all rims are coated.
You may want to place these in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so the frosting isn’t a huge mess for you or your guests…or maybe you’re about messes; if so, then we love that journey for you.
Add an ounce of vanilla vodka to each glass. Divide champagne evenly between glasses and then top with Sprite. Serve chilled.
Real talk, we’re gluttons for margaritas. More real talk, so are most people, since margaritas are the gateway of cocktails. Now is your opportunity to class up those college drinking days but still retain that fun, carefree attitude that comes with drinking margaritas. Let’s make sure you have the following:
- 1/2 c. fresh lime juice
- 1 c. silver or gold tequila
- 1/2 c. orange liqueur
- 1 bottle champagne (about 3 cups)
- Lime wedges, for rim
- Salt or sugar, for rim
- Fruit of your choice
- Rub the lime around the rims and then either place salt or sugar on the rim.
- Next, mix all the liquids together and pour evenly into each glass.
Sometimes we like to be extra, ok…that was a lie.
We do love to be extra all the time, so we usually pick some fruit to pair and then place it in the glass for this yummy drink. Strawberries and cherries are super fun, and they look beautiful in this drink.
Dandy Jack Frost
Oh Jack Frost, you will always have that mischievous energy that really amps up during New Year’s Eve. This drink may turn your lips blue, but honestly, if you’re wearing red lipstick, that means you’ll have beautiful purple lips. This drink you want to make fresh and serve asap because like Jack Frost he will melt if you don’t! Let’s grab all these fun things!
- 1 c. vodka
- 1 c. Prosecco
- 1/2 c. Blue Curaçao
- 1/2 c. lemonade
- 6 c. ice
- Lemon wedge, for rimming
- White or blue sanding sugar, for rimming
- In a blender, combine vodka, Prosecco, blue curaçao, lemonade, and ice.
- Blend until combined.
- Run a lemon wedge around the rim of each glass then dip in sanding sugar.
- Pour frosties into rimmed glasses and enjoy!
New Years Kiss
This drink is such a beautiful shade of red that Dexter would be proud to drink it. Often times, we forget this basic and brilliant drinks. This upscale drink with garnish truly enhances any cocktail gathering. Now maybe kissing this year may be through a mask, but that’s cool. Hop to it and grab these basic ingredients:
- 1 ounce berry-flavored vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces pomegranate juice
- 3 1/2 ounces Champagne
Garnish: skewered raspberries and vegan chocolate chips
- Ready? Mix all the liquids together and then put into a chilled glass.
- Then add some skewed raspberries and, if you want to be extra (we do), add some vegan chocolate chips in the center of your raspberry.
Wake me up juice
This drink is sure to put some pep in your step and not to mention is lovely to look at! Let’s be honest: once you hit a certain age, staying up past 10 without a nap may seem like an impossible task. Well, have no fear, as we present to you the perfect pick me up that you can make with or without alcohol. Let’s grab the following:
- 1 part Jackson Morgan Salted Caramel
- 3 parts coffee or get yourself some nitro cold brew
- caramel sauce
- Sugar for the rim
- A splash of Baileys or Kahlua.
- Grab a glass and wet the rim with water or pull out that handy frosting trick we taught you.
- Allow sugar to coat the rim – you can even use colored sugar like red or green to be extra fancy.
- Combine everything and serve chilled. If you do decide to use hot coffee, wait until it cools before you serve it.
No matter what kind of New Years Eve drinks and classy cocktails you want to have at your place, just remember that the best thing is being able to put 2020 behind you. Focus on spending some safe time with your loved ones or maybe just yourself. You are worthy of decadence and class that would make the Queen jealous.