This article is part of the “Valentine’s Day” series. Click here to learn more.
Love. It’s a crazy, beautiful, overwhelming, and overall confusing thing. And with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, most of us are asking the big question: Is this love that I’m feeling? If you’ve ever wondered about love, we’re here to set the record straight.
Have you ever been in love? Today, we are diving into the deep (dark?) mystery of love. We will be discussing some of the most prominent signs of love, the best songs to listen to when you’re in love, and some other juicy nuggets of information you won’t want to miss.
1. Signs You’re in Love
If you ask 100 people what it feels like to be in love, everyone will give you a different answer. Love is just one of those emotions that are really hard to explain, which is why so many people wonder if they’ve been in love or not. It’s even more challenging when it’s your sweet first love (or maybe not so much).
So how can you tell? Here are some of the tell-tale signs that cupid might have struck you.
Have you ever been in love? Then you know that being stable is not part of the equation. Now, that’s not to say that you aren’t happy or have feelings of wonder and majesty. In fact, most of the time, you will have these mystical feelings. However, you will also notice a lack of sleep, racing heart, and possibly anxiety.
If you can’t seem to get your emotions in line – especially when you’re around your sweet first love or thinking about them – it may be a sign that you’re genuinely in love.
Becoming More and More Attracted
Think about the last couple of times you saw your significant other in person. Did you become increasingly more attracted to them with each visit? Is each text message making your heart flutter more and more? If you notice an increased attraction to your lover, you just might be in love.
You Think About Them All the Time
You might’ve seen cartoons where the character cannot focus on anything because they’re dreaming of their partner. Their significant other is typically found inside a heart-shaped thought bubble, and everything around them – even the craziest chaos – is overlooked.
That’s because one of the most significant signs of being in love is thinking about them constantly. You might find it challenging to focus on other tasks, whether it’s a workout at the gym or a research paper due by midnight.
Thinking of a Future
Let’s face it – if they’re not “the one,” then you likely don’t want them to be a part of your life long term. So, take a close look at your relationship. Do you think that it is more of a fun time? Or are you thinking about creating a future with this person, such as marrying, buying a home, having children, etc.? If it’s the latter, you’re in love.
You Love to be Around Them
Are friends and favorite activities taking a backseat to hang out with that special someone? The love bug may have certainly bit you. Someone who is in love will want to spend all of their time around the person they’re falling for. Not only that, but every time will feel like the first time – only better. Time will fly by, and you’ll hate when it’s time to give the kiss goodbye.
There’s Chemistry in the Bedroom
Now, it’s possible to not be in love and have incredible sex (just being honest, don’t @ me!). But when you’re in love and hit the sheets, it’s a different feeling altogether. There is an abundance of passion and exhilaration you simply won’t find with anyone else. And yes – you will crave a whole lot of this physical playtime from the person you love.
2. Songs About Love
Music plays an important role when it comes to emotions. We listen to music when we’re mad when we’re crying, and – you guessed it – when we’re in love. Some people want to sing their hearts out to the chummiest music, while others are simply on the hunt for the most romantic song to propose to.
Regardless, here are some of the top songs.
- Just the Way You Are – Bruno Mars
- Is This Love That I’m Feeling – Whitesnake
- Truly Madly Deeply – Savage Garden
- One Call Away – Charlie Puth
- This Magic Moment – The Drifters
- Love Me Like You Do – Ellie Goulding
- At Last – Etta James
- God Only Knows – The Beach Boys
Honestly, there are about a million and one “love” songs out there. Go ahead and give some of these a try. If that special someone comes to mind when you listen to these tunes, it’s a clear indicator that you’re in love.
3. Quotes About Love
Looking for a way to show that special person in your life just how much you love them? Trying to understand your feelings, to begin with? Whether this is your sweet first love or you’re wondering if this new person is “the one,” check out these beautiful quotes about love.
- “Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get–only with what you are expecting to give–which is everything.” –Katharine Hepburn
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” –Emily Brontë
- “Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place.” –Zora Neale Hurston
- “There is always madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.” –Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” –Maya Angelou
4. How to Show Someone You Love Them
Have you ever been in love? Then you know that there are so many ways to show that certain someone how much you care. But if you’re new to the world of love, you might have a challenging time showing this person. While an “I love you” affirmation is a clear indicator you genuinely have feelings for someone, there are five other ways to show someone you love them.
- Words of affirmation – Showering someone with beautiful compliments and encouragement is a great way to show someone you care.
- Acts of service – The little and big things are important. Think of ways you can show them love in all areas of life. For example, put gas in their car or send their favorite coffee to their workplace.
- Receiving gifts – Nothing says “I love you” quite like a diamond necklace. While grand gifts are a great way to show how much you love someone, don’t forget the small things. A cute t-shirt or bouquet of flowers goes a long way.
- Quality time – One of the easiest ways to show your love is to make time for them, even during your busiest schedules. Busy week at work? Set up a time to grab lunch or make it up to them with a super special date on Saturday night.
- Physical touch – Hugs, kisses, and more. Physical touch means everything when you’re in love.
Being in love is a realm of emotions, good and bad (but mostly good). Have you ever been in love? Whether you have or haven’t, it’s essential to know the different signs. From there, you can dive into lovey-dovey music and quotes and see if they relate to your situation. If they do, consider using one of the five “love languages” to show how much you care.
- 5 Date Night Dresses for Your Valentines Day Outfit
- 5 Cute Date Night Outfit Ideas That Will Blow Your Date Away
- Throw a Galentines Day Party with Your Besties